Welcome to Dongguan Pengyue New Material Technology Co., Ltd!
The advantages of thermal conductive pads and material selection techniques.
Thermally conductive pads, also known as thermally conductive silicone pads, thermally conductive silicon films, soft thermally conductive pads, thermally conductive silicone pads, etc., are designed to transfer heat from the gap, fill the gap, and complete the heat conduction between the heating part and the heat dissipation part. At the same time, it also plays the role of insulation, shock absorption, sealing, etc., which can meet the design requirements of miniaturization and ultra-thin equipment. It is suitable for handicraft and use. The thickness is wide and the thermal conductivity is excellent. The following is a brief introduction to the advantages of thermal pads and selection tips by the editor of Schneider.
Advantages of thermally conductive pads.
1. The material is softer, the compression performance is good, the thermal insulation performance is good, the thickness adjustable range is large, suitable for filling the cavity, the two sides have natural bonding, the operation is flexible, and the maintenance is convenient;
2. The main purpose of choosing a thermal pad is to reduce the contact thermal resistance between the surface of the heat source and the heat sink, so that the thermal pad can fill the contact gap well;
3. Since air is a poor conductor of heat, it will seriously hinder the transfer of heat between the contact surfaces, and adding a thermal pad between the radiator and the heat source can squeeze the air out of the contact surface;
4. Add a kind of thermal pad, which can make the contact surface between the heating source and the radiator more fully and fully contact, and truly achieve face-to-face contact. The response to temperature can reach the smallest temperature difference;
5. The thermal conductivity of the thermal pad is adjustable, and its thermal conductivity is relatively stable;
6. The process gap on the thermal pad structure is reduced, which reduces the process gap requirements of the heat sink and heat sink;
7. The thermal pad has shock absorption, sound absorption and insulation properties (this feature requires the addition of appropriate materials during the manufacturing process);
8. The thermal pad can be easily installed, tested and reused.
Tips for choosing thermal conductive pads.
1. First, confirm the size specifications of the heating electronic components and the heat sink, and use the thermally conductive silicone gasket based on the larger surface. Enlarging the contact surface in this way can conduct heat transfer more effectively;
2. According to the distance between the heat source and the radiator, select the appropriate thickness of the thermal pad thickness. If it is a single heat pipe, it is recommended to use a thin thermal pad to obtain lower thermal resistance and improve the heat transfer effect; if multiple heating elements are gathered together, it is recommended to use a thick thermal pad, such a thermal pad It can cover multiple heating devices, even if the heights of these components are different.
3. The thermal pad is compressible. When the thermal pad is selected, a slightly thicker can be selected appropriately, so that after the thermal pad is installed, the contact thermal resistance between the thermal pad, the heating electronic component and the heat sink can be appropriately reduced , Improve the heat conduction effect.
Mobile: 188-2372-2758 (Ms. Li)
Mobile: 189-2665-0820 (Mr. Li)
Address: Building 3, No. 1, Shuilang Industrial Road,
Dalingshan Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province